DSST - DANTES Subject Standardized Tests
DSST is a credit by examination program accepted by 1,900 institutions in America. These tests are useful for active duty and veteran military members, home schooled students, and other individuals who want to earn college credit and graduate faster.
The DSST tests are a suite of 30 tests that cover broader subject areas such as Humanities, Sciences, Physical Sciences, Math, Applied Technology, and Business. These tests are internet or paper based, with multiple choice question format. The tests ate two hours long, comprising of almost 100 test questions.
A complete list of DSST tests is given here:
- A History of the Vietnam War
- Art of the Western World
- Business Ethics and Society
- Business Mathematics
- Computing and Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet
- Ethics in America
- Foundations of Education
- Fundamentals of College Algebra
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- General Anthropology
- Health & Human Development
- History of the Soviet Union
- Human Resource Management
- Human/Cultural Geography
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Introduction to World Religions
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- Management Information Systems
- Money and Banking
- Organizational Behavior
- Personal Finance
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Physical Science I
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Principles of Statistics
- Principles of Supervision
- Substance Abuse (formerly Drug and Alcohol Abuse)
- Technical Writing
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
For more details on these tests please visit: http://getcollegecredit.com/exam_fact_sheets.
The tests are available at USEFP centers in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi five days a week, Monday through Thursday, throughout the year.
Registration and payment is completed at the testing center within the testing platform on the day of the exam. The things you need to keep in mind before scheduling a DSST test are:
- Finding out your school's policy on credit by examinations
- Choosing which specific test, you would like to take
- Locating the test center by searching the DSST database
To schedule your test at USEFP test centers, please send us an email at email@example.com
At the time of registration please make sure that the name you enter matches exactly with the name appearing on your identification, including the spellings and order of the name.
On the day of the test all test takers must present a current and valid picture identification such as a driver's license, passport, or picture student identification. Only test takers who present acceptable forms of identification will be permitted into the testing room; unauthorized visitors or those without acceptable ID will not be permitted in the testing room.
The DSST test fee starts at $80 per exam. Test takers may also have to pay an administrative cost at the testing site.
Scores and Score Reports:
Test takers receive the results of their internet based tests immediately after completion of their tests. They may also login to the testing platform at any time to review and reprint their score report.
Test Preparation Materials
To prepare for the DSST test, please check see the following preparatory material mentioned on the official website: http://getcollegecredit.com/testprep.