SOA - Society of Actuaries
The Society of Actuaries provides training and education that focus on technical excellence and business acumen. SOA professional development programs support the full progression of an actuary's career-from student to senior actuary.
- Actuarial candidates and associates study the fundamental principles of actuarial science and learn skills and methods required to enter and advance in the profession.
- Actuaries working in traditional roles learn new material and new regulations, building on their original actuarial training.
- Actuaries following a non-traditional path may need to further study topics that were not emphasized in their early training.
- Actuaries at all career stages and in all types of work benefit from ongoing development in areas such as communication, collaboration, relationship management and leadership.
For SOA exam, the examinee must present one form of government-issued ID. The ID must be valid and must bear the signature and photograph and should be in English Language. Acceptable IDs include Passport and SMART CNIC.
It is very important that the name with which you register must exactly match the name appearing on your ID card. If there are any name discrepancies, then you would be asked for other valid IDs. Even then, if the name on your presented IDs does not match your registered name, the candidate will not be allowed to take the exam.
At USEFP testing centres, SOA exam is offered four days a week, from Monday to Thursday, throughout the year. However, exceptions can be made, and test can be conducted on the other days as well if there is an increasing number of candidates for a specific period. That is only subject to the rising demand of the exam.
Exam Fees and Registration:
The exam fees for SOA exams vary as per the module. The fee structure can be viewed on https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/registration/edu-registration/
The candidate registers through the procedure below:
- Go to the SOA website (http://www.soa.org)
- Select Education and Exams
- Select Exam registration
- Register the exam.
Rescheduling/Cancellation of Exam:
The candidate must contact the SOA for any rescheduling or cancellation and the associated fee policies.
Upon completion of the exam, the candidate will receive a printout from the USEFP testing centers for all the exams except FSA, PAEN and PAFR. For those exams, the completion notice will be displayed on screen after the completion of the exam. The official score report will be communicated to the candidate through email by SOA.
The candidates would require to seek approval from SOA for special needs or testing accommodations. After the approval is granted, the candidate would be required to visit the Prometric website (http://www.prometric.com) to schedule any testing accommodations or special needs services.